Want a really quick, easy, healthy and tasty dinner? This is it!
I used my built-in counter steamer but a purchased sit-on-the-counter steamer would be a great investment for healthy cooking. The trick is NOT to overcook!
Steaming is an exceptionally healthy way to cookI do not microwave any vegetables since this destroys the enzymes. As we age, our own enzymes decrease, so why would we want to lose any to improper cooking methods?
Serving size 2-4, depending on size of chicken breasts.
- 2 boned and skinned chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth or combo of both (can add more liquid if wanting to use for cooking brown or wild rice in liquid. I cook rice and chicken separately)
- 2 tsp dried garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup store-bought bruschetta
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish or to taste
Place chicken breasts in steamer. Add liquid of choice, dried basil, dried garlic and ground black pepper.
Cover and cook for 12 minutes (approximate timing as it depends on size of chicken breasts. I cut into the chicken after about 10 minutes to gauge doneness with timing).
Place chicken breasts in casserole and add bruschetta and parmesan cheese as desired. Cover until serving to “embellish” the flavors. 🙂